Director of Brand + Community
At Stoko, we empower athletes to be their best, push their limits, and reach their full athletic potential. That’s why we’ve built the world’s first supportive apparel to offer athletes the same level of joint support as a rigid brace in the form-factor of a compression tight. This allows us to give our athletes the support they need without having to compromise on comfort, mobility, or style.
Founded in 2017, we are a young, dynamic company that is growing quickly! Our team is built with collaboration, talent, and hard work. We’re looking for a key leader on our Brand + Marketing team who is excited to step out of their comfort zone, embrace the unknown, and learn something new every day. We want you to dream, innovate, and bring your ideas into the world. Sound like you? Excited? Perfect. Keep reading.
Start Date: Sept 2021
Status: Full-time, permanent
About the Role:
- Lead and oversee the planning and execution of Stoko’s annual brand strategy and supporting calendar tool and ensure enrollment, ownership and execution across the Brand + Marketing team
- Lead, develop and recommend global brand positioning strategies and tactics to build awareness and drive conversion through our direct and Strategic Sales (B2B) channels
- Develop, refine and lead the execution of a comprehensive community program strategy including brand ambassadors, medpros and influencers fostering win-win relationships
- Leverage these community programs and relationships to grow brand awareness and word of mouth referrals
- Select, onboard and manage agency and/or freelance brand partners
- Identify brand aligned strategic partnerships; enroll and collaborate with these partners to build brand awareness and execute customer acquisition strategies and tactics
- Analyze and report on partnership initiatives, forecast for strategic changes and report on key metrics
- Organize, manage (with potential agency support) , and be the brand rep on photo and video shoots
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders, with a specific focus on Product and R&D, to ensure the execution and success of brand strategy, channel execution and community programs
- Collaborate and provide direction cross-functionally on product packaging and product brand execution
- Attract, lead and develop team members and create clear ownership, responsibilities and deliverables
- 5-8 years of North American brand + community strategy leadership, preferably in athletic apparel or sports marketing, with a track record of demonstrated results and goal achievement
- Demonstrated experience and results in leading strategic partnerships and ambassador/influencer programs
- Experience in leading teams and driving business results through others
- Passion for sport, fitness and fashion; ideally experience working in two of these categories
- Strong business acumen in understanding how relationships and experiences drive marketing strategy and how to measure results / ROI
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing projects with changing priorities
- Ability to interpret feedback and make necessary adjustments to creative that strategically align with performance and business objectives
- Previous elite/competitive athletic experience is a huge asset
Perks and Benefits:
We are a team that loves to laugh together, learn from each other, and take care of one another. As a full-time employee at Stoko, you will be eligible to receive a health spending account to cover healthcare costs such as dental, vision care, RMT and more. Additionally, Stoko offers flexible schedules, unlimited coffee, socially-distanced team bonding, and an environment that fosters creativity, growth, and real responsibility.
Still excited? Awesome. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited and why you’re a great fit for our team.