Design & Development Assistant
At Stoko, we empower athletes to be their best, push their limits, and reach their full athletic potential. That's why we've built the world's first supportive apparel to offer athletes the same level of joint support as a rigid brace in the form-factor of a compression tight. This allows us to give our athletes the support they need without having to compromise on comfort, mobility, or style.
Founded in 2017, we are a young, dynamic company that is growing quickly! Our team is built with collaboration, talent, and hard work. We're looking for people who are excited to step out of their comfort zone, embrace the unknown, and learn something new every day. We want you to dream, innovate, and bring your ideas into the world. Sound like you? Excited? Perfect. Keep reading.
Start Date: January 3, 2023
End Date: August 31, 2023
As part of the Product Team, you will design, build, and test your creations. You can expect to do many of the following:
Support Product Design and Development:
Collaborate with Design and Engineering on functional & aesthetic concept development,refinement, and presentation.
Partner with Development to create products, select/create materials, and defineconstruction methods.
Contribute to visual direction including trend forecasting, moodboards, design elements,colour, and pattern.
- Realize concepts through sketching, prototyping and rendering.
Support in commercialization through the development of tech packs and technicaldrawings.
Participate in fit sessions and collection of athlete feedback.
- Build and maintain design and material libraries.
Catalogue, organize, and manage the prototype and sample room.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in the apparel design/development field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator or equivalent.
- Passion for making and the creative process.
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning, problem-solving, and stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Ability to justify decisions with calculations, analysis, and written documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Able to balance autonomy and collaboration and remain flexible when faced with ambiguity.
- Awesomeness. That's right, you better be awesome.
Still excited? Awesome. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited and why you’re a great fit for our team.