Mechanical + Biomedical Engineering Co-op
At Stoko, we empower athletes to be their best, push their limits, and reach their full athletic potential. That's why we've built the world's first supportive apparel to offer athletes the same level of joint support as a rigid brace in the form-factor of a compression tight. This allows us to give our athletes the support they need without having to compromise on comfort, mobility, or style.
Founded in 2017, we are a young, dynamic company that is growing quickly! Our team is built with collaboration, talent, and hard work. We're looking for people who are excited to step out of their comfort zone, embrace the unknown, and learn something new every day. We want you to dream, innovate, and bring your ideas into the world. Sound like you? Excited? Perfect. Keep reading.
Start Date: September 2022
Roles & Responsibilities: As part of the Product team, you will design, build, and test your creations. You can expect to do many of the following:
- Utilize traditional engineering concepts and methodologies (strain, tensile testing, etc) to analyze and evaluate prototypes and materials.
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers to design, explore and test new concepts.
- Develop new equipment and test plans to validate the performance of prototypes.
- Develop proof-of-concept, functional, and manufacturing prototypes.
- Collect and analyze user feedback from customers, preparing and implementing required design recommendations.
- Working towards a Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Physics Degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical design and design for manufacturing.
- Demonstrated understanding of machining and rapid prototyping methods.
- Ability to justify design decisions with calculations, analysis, and written documentation.
- Either proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (preferably SolidWorks), or able to learn quickly.
- Experience with tensile testing is an asset.
- Understanding of biomechanics is an asset.
- Experience with MATLAB and other coding languages is an asset.
- Understanding of FDA and Health Canada is an asset.
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning, problem-solving, and stepping out of your comfort zone.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well within a collaborative team environment.
- Awesomeness. That's right, you better be awesome.
Still excited? Awesome. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! Please include a resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re excited and why you’re a great fit for our team.